Guess who’s back, back again. Julie’s back, tell a friend. Yeah, so, I decided to get off the unintentional hiatus I was on and grace this blog with a new post! I’m currently in the middle of cooking this, but I got so excited about this recipe that I decided i needed to start blogging about it NOW.
So, why isn’t this your typical meatball & pasta post? Because I decided to make it fall themed by making everything with pumpkin pasta sauce. Yeah that’s right. PUMPKIN. My roommate had this jar of sauce and I tasted it one day and realized its something that’s been missing from my life. It’s so good. She told me she wasn’t going to be using anymore of it so of course, that was my window of opportunity. WOO! Eventually I’ll decide to post my usual meatball recipe, but I still want to keep that one “secret” for now.
** SORRY FOR THE SMALL PICTURES, CLICK TO ENLARGE **
- Ground Beef
- 1 Garlic Clove (grated)
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Barilla Pasta (rotini)
- Seasonings (pictured below)
- Cucina Antica Pumpkin Sauce
I kept the seasoning fairly simple because I didn’t want the meatballs to overpower the sauce and vice versa.
- Place ground beef into a bowl & season.
- Add garlic, breadcrumbs & 1 tbsp of sauce.
- Line sheet tray with foil & begin forming meatballs.
- Cook meatballs on 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Bring water (+ salt) to a rapid boil & add in pasta.
- Toss the pasta together with as much sauce as you please.
- Serve pasta on a plate & then top with meatballs.
- & Voila, enjoy!
*All measurements are not accurate. I’m very casual when I cook and eye-ball everything. The measurements listed are all based on my own assumptions, except when referring to a dessert or drink recipe.*