I wanted to eat arroz con pollo, but I only had chicken legs & have never cooked rice with chicken on the bone. So, I did what someone naturally would do, look up some recipes online! I found one, glanced at it, and then just said “Eh! Let’s experiment”
1. Mise En Place
2. The recipe I looked for said to heat up achiote oil, which I do not have; However, I do have corn oil and Sazon which has achiote in it, so I mixed sazon+oil together and let it heat up.
3. Add in your marinated chicken legs (Marinade: basic seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, sazon, oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano) and begin the browning process.
4. Once browned, remove the chicken and place it on a something nearby, I used a clean cutting board. Then add your onions and peppers and a splash of vinegar to deglaze.
5. Once the onions and peppers have softened, return the chicken into the pot, and add in your washed rice.
6. Stir everything for about 2-3 minutes, add more seasoning if needed.
7. Cover with water and continue to cook on med-high heat until the water evaporates from the rice.
8. Once evaporated, lower the heat and cover. Cook until rice is fluffy!
This was a delicious experiment! I know I say everything I make is delicious,
but hey, I can’t help it..It’s true!
*All measurements are not 100% accurate. I’m very casual when I cook and eye-ball everything. The measurements listed are all based on my own assumptions, except when referring to a dessert or drink recipe.
*All pictures shared on this blog belong to me; if not, credit will be given when it’s due. If I upload a photo that I found online, with no credit, and it belongs to you..please email me ASAP and I will happily give you the credit you deserve.